Easy Microwave Playdough Recipe
If you are looking or a playdough recipe, you will love our microwave play dough recipe. Playdough is one of our favorite sensory play ideas. It is much easier than the traditional method using the stove, and a lot safer if you have a toddler running around with you. What I really love about this playdough recipe is that your toddler can join in and help you with most of the recipe.
What do you need:
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of salt
- A few drops of food coloring (add more for an intense color, less for a more pastel color). I really like to use these food colors.
- glitter (optional).
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together
- Place in a microwave safe container
- Microwave in 30 second intervals (stirring each time) until the mix is a dough consistency (takes about 4 minutes depending on your microwave)
- If the dough looks a little dry add a dash of oil and kneed the dough.
- Store in an airtight container or snap lock bag in the fridge.
Some other activities you may enjoy are: