These crepe paper butterflies are a great toddler craft activity. As I mentioned in the crepe paper hearts activity, ripping and scrunching crepe paper is excellent for fine motor skills. These butterflies look great, especially if you frame them with some colored construction paper.
What you need:
What to do
1. Draw a butterfly on a piece of white paper (you could print one if you prefer)
2. Rip and scrunch crepe paper in a variety of colors. Encourage your toddler to help with this part, as this is part of the fun!
3. Glue the crepe paper onto the butterfly
4. Cut out the butterfly (adult)
5. Glue the butterfly onto colored paper
5. Cut the butterfly out again, leaving a 1.5cm border.