Farm Yard Dice Game
You can get a copy from Amazon HERE
The Farm is such a fun topic to explore with toddlers. We like to start off by singing some of our favorite farm songs:
- Old MacDonald had a Farm
- 5 Little Ducks
- Baa Baa Black Sheep
- Farmer in the Dell
- Mary had a little lamb
- Little Bo Peep
The activity that we made to go along with this book was a farm yard dice. The dice was then used in a few different ways.
- We started by using it to practice our animal sounds. We would roll the dice and make the noise of the animal that it landed on.
- We used the dice to choose which animal was next when we sang 'Old Macdonald had a Farm'.
- We played musical freeze - except instead of freezing we would roll the dice and pretend to be that animal
- We had animal races. One child would throw the dice and then they would all race while pretending to be a farm animal.
What you need to make the farm yard dice game
This activity was really easy to make. In fact I found that the hardest part was actually finding a square shaped box! It was harder than I thought but I finally hunted down some square tissue boxes.
The best part was that they came in pretty colors and patterns so I didn't need to cover the box. If your box is plain you can cover it with contact paper or wrapping paper if you prefer. You can laminate the pictures if you want them to last longer - you can pick up a cheap laminator HERE
To make the farm yard dice you need:
- Square box
- Free Farm Yard Dice Printable
How to make the farm yard dice game
- Print out the farm animals
- Cut them out
- Glue them onto your square box
- Start playing!
If you love these books then you'll definitely love our collection of 50 Great Toddler Books.
You may also enjoy our collection of The Very Hungry Caterpillar Activities.
Or our ABC Activities for Toddlers