We are focusing on play based counting activities this month and this free counting do-a-dot printable is a great way to teach your toddler or preschooler about the numbers 1 – 10.
Counting Do-A-Dot Free Printable
Do-a-Dots are a great way to explore numbers in a fun and play based way. We recently shared our alphabet do-a-dot printable and that was a huge hit! It’s already one of our most downloaded items and members in our Facebook Group quickly asked for a number version as well.
How to use your do-a-dot counting printable
There are lots of different ways that you can play with these.
- Do-a-Dot Markers (I recommend these ones, sometimes the cheaper brands stain!) Let you toddler use the pens to dot the letters
- Pom Poms – get some good glue (like this kind) and have your child glue on the pom poms to the dots (supervision required)
- Stickers – get circle stickers – great for fine motor skills!
- Counters -for older children they can use round counters like these to place on the dots
- Laminate them and use them as playdough mats.
Some more toddler activity ideas you might enjoy are: