If you're looking for an easy birthday cake recipe, then you can't get much simpler than this easy rainbow birthday cake using a store bought cake, skittles and mini marshmallows.
Easy Rainbow Birthday Cake Using Skittles and Mini Marshmallows
When it comes to making birthday cakes for kids, the standard keeps getting higher and higher. The cost of birthday cakes is insane and the elaborate lengths people go to takes so much time and effort. I have no problem with people making these amazing birthday cakes - I'm just not skilled enough to do it myself!
After going to many kids birthday parties I can tell you that most cakes don't even get eaten. This is why I love this easy rainbow birthday cake. Yes, it uses a store bought cake (save yourself some time!) but you can always make your own using your favorite cake recipe.
Grab a packet of skittles and some marshmallows and impress everyone with this super easy rainbow cake!
What you need to make your easy rainbow birthday cake
How to make an easy Rainbow birthday cake using skittles and marshmallows
1. Pour out the Skittles onto a large plate so they are easy to sort.
2. Start by placing pink Skittles along the edge of half the cake in the shape of a rainbow.
3. Place your orange Skittles in between each pink Skittle so there aren’t any spaces.
4. Repeat with the yellow, green and blue Skittles.
5. Place the star tip in the decorating bag, cut the tip off the bag and fill with whipped vanilla frosting.
6. Use the bag to add frosting to the bottom of the sides of the rainbow.
7. Cover the added frosting with marshmallows.
8. Add a few more stars of frosting on top of the marshmallows and top with more marshmallows for a 3D effect.
If you loved this recipe why not pin it to Pinterest.
Some more posts you might enjoy are: