This I Love You to Pieces Valentine's Day craft is one that has been around for a long time and is a great toddler Valentine's Day activity. . We normally draw ours but I've had a lot of requests for a template so I've put one together for you.
I Love You to Pieces Craft (and template) for Valentine's Day
This is a simple Valentine's Day craft that children of all ages can do. I really like the simplicity of this craft and the fact that most children can have a go at it on their own.
While I've seen this craft done with cut up pieces of paper, I encourage you to have your toddler rip the paper - it's a great fine motor activity and a good way to make the activity last longer too. This activity goes well with this Valentine's heart suncatcher craft.
What you need:
- Printable Template (click here to download yours)
- Scrap paper in any color (I always have a pack of colored paper like this one)
- Glue - I always prefer a glue stick as it's easier for little hands to use.
How to make your Valentine's Day Craft
- Print out the template
- Have your toddler rip up the scraps of paper (help them if needed)
- Place glue on the heart (it's easier to put the glue all over first)
- Let your toddler stick the colored paper onto the heart.
I like to laminate these as they make great keepsakes (you can get an inexpensive laminator like this one).
If you are looking for more toddler Valentine's Day activities you can find them HERE.