We made these Mickey Mouse decorated Oreo cookies on the weekend and they were a huge hit!
Mickey Mouse Decorated Oreos
We are heading to Disney On Ice celebrates Mickey and Friends soon and I thought I would surpise my girls with some themed cookies since they have been SO excited about going!
Grab your mouse ears and get ready to party because Disney On Ice celebrates Mickey and Friends is skating into Australia and arriving in Brisbane from June 28 to July 1! The spectacular ice show celebrates 90 years of the one and only Mickey Mouse and honours Walt Disney’s legacy by bringing acclaimed stories to life on the ice, including the highly anticipated arrival of Disney’s Moana, for the first time on the ice.
Tickets are on sale NOW! Tickets from $33* through www.Ticketek.com.au/DisneyOnIce
Ingredients needed to make the Mickey Mouse Decorated Oreos
1 packet of Oreos
1 (12 ounce / 340g) package red candy melts wafers (available at Spotlight in Australia and some supermarkets)
1 (12 ounce /340g) package milk chocolate chips
1 (6 ounce/340g ) package mini Oreos
White nonpareil sprinkles
How to make Mickey Mouse decorated Oreos
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Melt milk chocolate chips in the microwave, stirring vigorously after in 30-second increments, until smooth.
- Dip each cookie into melted chocolate. Remove cookie, tapping gently against the side of the bowl, allowing excess candy to return to the bowl. If air bubbles form, pop them with a toothpick. Place the cookie onto the waxed paper.
- Immediately press two Oreo Thin Bites cookie onto each dipped cookie to be the ears. Allow to set completely before proceeding to the next step. To speed the process, cookies can be refrigerated or placed in the freezer in a single layer.
- Melt red candy coating according to package directions. If the candy is too thick to pour, add 1 teaspoon coconut oil or vegetable shortening. Stir well. Do not add water. You can add up to 1 tablespoon of coconut oil per bag of candy wafers.
- Place the dipped cookie on a fork or spoon and pour red candy coating over the bottom half of the cookie.
- Using a toothpick and/or sterilized tweezers, apply two white nonpareil sprinkles as the buttons.
- Allow cookie to set completely at room temperature or refrigerate for faster results. Store in an airtight container as room temperature.
Don’t forget to grab your Disney On Ice celebrates Mickey and Friends tickets
Tickets from $33* through www.Ticketek.com.au/DisneyOnIce
*Market Pricing applies on all tickets and are subject to change without notice. Ticket price includes GST and Booking/Inside Fee. Additional Transactions Fees may apply.
Feld Entertainment encourage patrons to source tickets through the authorised ticketing agents appointed by our Disney On Ice venues. There are significant risks in buying from other sources.For guidance, see Live Performance Australia’s Ticketing Code of Practice: http://liveperformance.com.au/ticketing_code_practice