If you are looking or a playdough recipe, you will love our microwave play dough recipe. It is much easier than the traditional method using the stove, and a lot safer if you have a toddler running around with you. What I really love about this playdough recipe is that your toddler can join in and help you with most of the recipe.
What do you need:
- 2 cups of plain flour
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 1 tablespoon of cream of tartar
- 1 cup of salt
- A few drops of food coloring (add more for an intense color, less for a more pastel color)
- glitter (optional)
- Using a wooden spoon, mix the ingredients together
- Place in a microwave safe container
- Microwave in 30 second intervals (stirring each time) until the mix is a dough consistency (takes about 4 minutes depending on your microwave)
- If the dough looks a little dry add a dash of oil and kneed the dough.
- Store in an airtight container or snap lock bag in the fridge.