Gifts That Mothers Really Want for Mother’s Day!
There are two types of Mother’s Day gifts.
The homemade cards and craft items, and the $2 gifts purchased from the school Mother’s Day stall. These are the meaningful, awwww type gifts that fill your heart with joy. I don’t think I will ever get past loving these kinds of gifts and they definitely mean more to me than anything that can be bought from a store. From my children I wouldn’t ask for more.
My husband on the other hand….. well he’s in charge of the other gifts. You know the ones. The ones that say, “Thanks for everything you do all day, and thanks for helping with raising our children.” My husband tries hard but often he gets these gifts a little bit wrong. I don’t blame him really. If you believe all of the Mother’s Day advertising promotions, all we really want is a new pair of slippers and a dressing gown. For the husband’s buying the gifts, here’s 6 items that we REALLY want (plus the chance to win a KitchenAid)! FYI …. Women have good memories and Father’s Day is up next!
1 An awesome coffee machine! I’ve mentioned this before, but every new Mum should be given an automatic coffee machine (one where all you need to do is press a button) to survive the sleep deprived first few years of motherhood. If you miss out at the baby shower, then Mother’s Day is the next best thing! I’m a huge Nespresso fan, and I would love to upgrade my small Nespresso Citiz to the Nespresso Lattissima Touch.
2. If a coffee machine isn’t in the budget, we still want coffee! The next best thing is a Starbucks Gift Card. Seriously…. sleep deprived mothers NEED coffee! You can even get one in a beautiful Mother’s Day design.
3. Personalized Necklaces. These beautiful necklaces can be personalized with the names of our children, and look beautiful. These are very popular and would definitely be a well received gift. You would also win some brownie points for being so thoughtful! You can find these designs here: Footprint Round with Name 3 Names
4. Lancome La Vie Est Belle L’Eau de Parfum – If Julie Roberts is advertising it, then we want it! Really, this new perfume smells amazing and there’s a reason it’s the number 1 best selling perfume at the moment. BUY HERE
5. A diaper bag that doesn’t look like a diaper bag! Most of us have lots of amazing handbags … and they’re all stashed in the back of the wardrobe because they can’t fit diapers, wipes and the other twenty or so baby items you need to take with you everyday. Every mother I know would LOVE a diaper bag that was stylish and functional, and the PacaPod Jasper Pod is perfect! You can buy it now at Amazon.
6. A KitchenAid. I don’t often recommend buying appliances as presents, but the KitchenAid falls into a category of highly sought after, brag worthy appliances, similar to the Thermomix and a Dyson. Even people who can’t bake want one because they look so amazing! We really love the pink one!
Why buy one when you could win one! There are 2 of these fantastic KitchenAids up for grabs for our USA readers. Ends 7th May 2016 (If you’re from Australia we have another great Mother’s Day competition that you can enter here)